Saturday 30 March 2013

Excitement

I arrived home today to find my writing magazine on the doormat.  This was exciting in itself (yes really!), but the screaming and jumping around started when I opened it to find my letter had been printed!

You see, I am relatively new to this writing business.  After a few failed attempts over the years I have recently completed the first draft of my first novel and I am currently in the process of re-drafting.  Along the way I have made a couple of attempts at short stories but after a couple of rejections I was a little downhearted. 

However, at the start of the year I read an article, the basis of which was setting more realistic targets. So I set about setting some targets.  One of them being to send a letter to a magazine each month and hopefully have one printed by the end of the year.  So, when I had only my second letter printed in Writer's Magazine I was somewhat excited.  It wasn't the star letter but, hey, it's a start.

Now I have had one printed I will continue to write reader's letters but I have now set myself another target, to get a short story publised.  Fingers crossed

x

2 comments: